Skip to main content

Shopping Trip




I just want to preface this post with the fact that I strongly dislike shopping. I don't find enjoyment in it. I do any type of shopping (grocery, clothes, shoes, etc.) with a list and I try to get in and get out of the store as quickly as I can. Emily is just the opposite. I have known that Emily needed some more long pants for some time now, but I kept putting it off. With the weather changing, it became a necessity. I tried to get Andy to just pick up a pair of pants on his way home from work one day, but he thought it would be good if Emily and I had a "girls night out" and actually went out shopping for a Halloween costume and some pants. YIKES!!



We went to a couple of stores looking for the perfect costume. She loved looking at all of her options as well as the many accessories for each. After deciding on a witch costume, we headed to Kohl's department store for pants. I was in "get in and get out" mode. Emily was not. After deciding on the right pants, we were making a straight shot out when Emily spotted the handbag section. It took everything I could to stop and walk around the section as Emily "tried on" every purse and explained what outfits each purse would be perfect with. I must admit that I did start looking at handbags as well. It wasn't as painful and I thought it would be. After 20 minutes or so we left that department. Just when I thought we were almost out....I heard Emily say, "Georgeous!" I looked over and saw that she had made it to the jewelery department. We checked out bracelets, necklaces, and went over the "rules" of when she will be able to have her ears pierced. All of a sudden Emily said,"We're trapped!" I asked her what she meant. She asked me if we were going to buy any jewelery. I told her no. She then told me that we would need to close our eyes and get out fast if we were going to get out of the jewelery department without buying anything. Who is this girl?
It really was a fun girls night out and I look forward to going "shopping" with her again. I love you Emily.

Comments

Rachael said…
I can't stop laughing about, "we're trapped!" She is hilarious!
Connie said…
I know the real reason you wanted to get in there and out of there in a timely manner. Nevertheless, you're a good mom to let Em pick out her own pants and try on purses.

Popular posts from this blog

Snug as a Bug in a Rug....

Kelsey is a bit of a wild sleeper. We usually find at least one appendage hanging (or stuck) out of the crib. The poor girl was REALLY stuck this time. She's asleep in this picture, but didn't sleep long once we started the routine to unstick those thighs.

Relaxing Sunday

After quite a crazy week, it's nice to relax and... ...enjoy a nice piece of chocolate cake (diet starts Monday) ...take a little nap on the comfortable kitchen floor (ignore the fact that it needs to be mopped...again) ...enjoy a peaceful family walk through the neighborhood HAPPY HAPPY SUNDAY! Are we ready for Monday?....Bring it ON!!

Happy Birthday Big Boy!

Cy-man turned 3 on Wednesday! He loved us singing the Happy Birthday song. He would ask all day long....Mom, is it my birthday?...and then wait for me to BURST into song. He would sing along..probably to make sure I got the words right. When we finally got a lighted cake in front of him and sang the song, I think he was bored with the song as he blew out the candles right in the middle of it. Our original plan was to go to Chuck E Cheese pizza, but because of a late work schedule, we ended up going through the drive through at Del Taco. He didn't seem too disappointed. In fact, he was pretty excited because we let him finally get a vanilla shake! Simple Pleasures!! He's such a sweetie! Happy Birthday Cyrus! We love you!