Skip to main content

Disneyland






OK...here's your proof. We had an awesome time in Disneyland in April. I'll try not to bore you with too many family pictures...but no guarantees. We got in early to Mickey's Toontown Madness to become honorary citizens of ToonTown and to wait in numerous lines to see Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and others to get their autographs. You can see that Goofy decided to help Emily with her hair - probably wanted it to match her mom's.



Of course we couldn't call this trip complete without going on as many rides as we could. Before we left, I had decided that I would "relax" and just take each day to have fun. Once we got there, all of the relaxing went out the window and I spent any spare minute working through strategies of how to get on every ride as many times as possible with the least wait time. I even tried calculating the times to be on rides with bathroom breaks....I know...I've got problems. We hit just about every ride in both Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure in the first two and a half days we were there. Once that was done, I was able to "relax" and we enjoyed the next few days going on our favorites. Emily's favorite was Thunder Mountain railroad. Splash Mountain was one that we couldn't get enough of.Another family favorite was the Grizzly Bear Run in Disney's California Adventure. At first Cyrus was 1/4 inch too short to ride, but after some 'minor modifications' he was tall enough and we all had a great time.


Kelsey was able to go on just about every ride. I think her favorite was this rocket ride or Haunted Mansion. She also liked the Pirates of the Caribbean (or was that Andy's favorite?). I just remember we went on it over and over...and over.Here are just a few more random pictures of our trip. I just noticed that I am in the picture of the kids with Mary Poppins. See if you can find me...here's a hint...it's a reflection (just keep in mind that reflections always add an additional 50 pounds)

Of course no day was complete without "rest time" when we would enjoy fruit snack, crackers, water, or maybe even a churro. We were able to watch the parade one night. We had to sit in the gutter of the street for about 45 minutes saving our place, but once the parade started, Kelsey settled in and watched the whole thing.
We had a wonderful time and hope to go back in the next few years...and maybe we'll invite Jill.:)

Comments

Oh yes you dang well WILL invite me! but not keiti or vili, they'll take all my camera time and then I'll NEVER be able to be on your blog!
KC said…
I am so proud of you! You posted something new! Congratulations! And, didn't I tell you....Disneyland is the best place in the world...until your kids are old enough to go to DisneyWorld! I just wish JetBlue would do direct flights to Orlando, instead of the short little stops to NEW YORK! What's up with that? If only we knew somebody that worked for JetBlue....

Popular posts from this blog

Snug as a Bug in a Rug....

Kelsey is a bit of a wild sleeper. We usually find at least one appendage hanging (or stuck) out of the crib. The poor girl was REALLY stuck this time. She's asleep in this picture, but didn't sleep long once we started the routine to unstick those thighs.

Relaxing Sunday

After quite a crazy week, it's nice to relax and... ...enjoy a nice piece of chocolate cake (diet starts Monday) ...take a little nap on the comfortable kitchen floor (ignore the fact that it needs to be mopped...again) ...enjoy a peaceful family walk through the neighborhood HAPPY HAPPY SUNDAY! Are we ready for Monday?....Bring it ON!!

Happy Birthday Big Boy!

Cy-man turned 3 on Wednesday! He loved us singing the Happy Birthday song. He would ask all day long....Mom, is it my birthday?...and then wait for me to BURST into song. He would sing along..probably to make sure I got the words right. When we finally got a lighted cake in front of him and sang the song, I think he was bored with the song as he blew out the candles right in the middle of it. Our original plan was to go to Chuck E Cheese pizza, but because of a late work schedule, we ended up going through the drive through at Del Taco. He didn't seem too disappointed. In fact, he was pretty excited because we let him finally get a vanilla shake! Simple Pleasures!! He's such a sweetie! Happy Birthday Cyrus! We love you!